apple glazed wings
what you need
- 1 1/2 cups Market Pantry Apple Juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-2 teaspoons puréed chipotle chili in adobo sauce plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds chicken wings, split at the joint, tips removed and discarded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 450°F. Combine juice, soy sauce, honey, chili, adobo sauce and garlic in small saucepan and bring to boil. Simmer until mixture is 3/4 cup, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Meanwhile line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray or brush with oil. Place wings on sheet and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer and roast 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, then peel wings off of foil. Transfer wings to a bowl and toss with sauce.
- Line another roasting pan with foil. Transfer wings to pan and roast 5 minutes longer or until nicely browned. Remove from pan, sprinkle with cilantro and serve with apple slices.