baked bean chili
what you need
- 1 pound dried kidney and pinto beans, or a blend of your choice (1 1/3 cups)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (28-oz.) can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Market Pantry® chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, cover the beans with cold water by 2 inches. Soak for at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Drain and rinse the beans. In a 6-quart slow cooker, stir the beans, onions, tomatoes, garlic, molasses, cumin, chili powder, oregano, and 3 cups water. Cover and cook on low until the beans are tender, about 8 hours.
- Uncover and season to taste with salt and pepper.