baked coconut shrimp
what you need
- COCONUT SHRIMP INGREDIENTS:
- Canola cooking spray
- 1 pound large shrimp, uncooked
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Coconutmilk
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- DIPPING SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons stoneground mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with canola oil.
- Peel and devein shrimp. Using a small, sharp knife, “butterfly” shrimp by making an incision head to tail down back of shrimp and opening slightly, like a book.
- Beat egg whites and Coconutmilk in a shallow bowl.
- Combine panko and coconut in another shallow bowl.
- Dip shrimp in Coconutmilk/egg mixture then into crumb mixture, pressing to coat. Place shrimp on baking sheet.
- Lightly spray shrimp with oil and bake 5-7 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Combine dipping sauce ingredients in small bowl and serve with warm shrimp.