beer brat stew
what you need
- 24 ounces mini gold potatoes
- 1 (1 pound) bag coleslaw
- 1 (1 pound) bag carrot chips
- 1 quart reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups beer
- 1/4 cup Archer Farms Brew Masters Mustard, plus more for serving
- 2 (1 pound) packages Archer Farms Beer Bratwurst
- In a large saucepot, combine potatoes, coleslaw, carrots and chicken stock. Add 4 cups water; liquid should barely cover vegetables. Bring to a boil, then cover halfway and reduce heat to simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk beer and mustard. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and add bratwurst. Simmer gently until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer bratwurst to vegetable mixture; discard beer mixture. Divide stew among dishes and serve with mustard.