breakfast pizza pizazz
what you need
- 4 8-inch pita breads
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Market Pantry® Salsa plus additional for serving
- 8 thin slices prosciutto (2 ounces)
- 11/3 cups grated mozzarella
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a grill to medium. Place a griddle or cast iron frying pan on the grill and heat until hot.
- Brush 1 side of the pita breads and Place the oil side down on the griddle and cook covered until browned, about 2 minutes. Remove and brush the browned sides of the pitas with the olive oil. Top each with the salsa, prosciutto and mozzarella, dividing evenly and making a small well in the middle with the cheese and prosciutto. Crack an egg into the well. Place on the griddle and cover the eggs with foil or lid. Cook until egg is set to your liking, about 6-7 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve with additional salsa.
You can sprinkle these with chopped cilantro and or scallions for more color and flavor.