cauliflower steaks with red peppers & pesto
what you need
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (2-1/2 pound) large head cauliflower, leaves discarded
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto (Giada de Laurentiis Genovese Basil Pesto)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and rub with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch slices from top to bottom, keeping the pieces together through the stems and reserving florets that fall off. Transfer to the baking sheet along with the pepper and arrange in a single layer. Rub all over with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast, carefully turning the cauliflower steaks once, until a paring knife pierces easily through a cauliflower stem, about 25 minutes. Dollop the pesto on top and serve hot.