cheesy pepper poppers
what you need
- 1 pound mini-peppers (about 20)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced Velveeta
- 1 cup diced cooked chorizo
- Preheat the grill to medium. Cut the top third of the mini-peppers off (lengthwise), leaving the stems on. Remove the seeds, throw into a large bowl along with the olive oil and salt and pepper and toss.
- In another bowl, combine the Velveeta and chorizo. Stuff the cheese mixture into the mini-peppers, dividing the filling evenly.
- Place cut sides up on the grill and cook covered, until cheese is melted and peppers are softened, about 6 minutes. Serve hot.