what you need
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream, plus more for serving
- 1 pound cooked egg noodles, for serving
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, toss the chicken, paprika, garlic, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon salt until the meat is evenly coated. In a small bowl, whisk the tomato paste and 1/4 cup water. Pour into the slow cooker, then scatter the onion and pepper on top.
- Cover and cook on low until the meat is tender, about 5 hours. With a slotted spoon, transfer the meat to a large bowl. Discard all the bones and cartilage. Pour the sauce with the onion and pepper over the chicken. Fold in the sour cream until well mixed.
- Spoon over the noodles and serve with extra sour cream and paprika.