chicken potato spinach soup
what you need
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 small onion, peeled, or about 1/3 cup chopped
- 3 medium Russet potatoes, 18 ounces, baked or boiled, with skin (reserve 1 potato)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon spinach, cooked or frozen
- 5 ounces chicken breast, skinned and boned, cooked and cut up
- Salt, to taste
- Place broth, skim milk, onion, two potatoes and rosemary into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Soup program or lowest speed.
- Turn machine on and let it complete programmed cycle or process on highest speed 4 to 5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3 or Low speed and remove lid plug.
- Add spinach and reserved potato through lid plug opening and blend until potato is chopped, about 10 seconds.
- Drop in chicken and blend an additional 5 seconds.