spicy chipotle grilled shrimp salad sandwich
what you need
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1/4 cup Hidden Valley Spicy Chipotle Pepper Sandwich Spread & Dip
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice plus more to taste
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped, fresh cilantro
- 4 long sandwich rolls
- Extra lime wedges, for serving
- Heat grill to medium heat. Place shrimp on skewers and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Grill shrimp until opaque and firm. Remove from grill when done and let cool before removing from skewers.
- In large bowl, mix red pepper, celery, green onion, Spicy Chipotle Sandwich Spread, mayonnaise and lime juice. Add cooled shrimp and mix well to combine. Taste for seasoning, adding more lime juice if necessary.
- Add 1/4 of shrimp salad to each hoagie roll. Top with sliced tomato, sliced avocado and chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing, if desired.