couscous salad with mint and feta
what you need
- 2 cups uncooked large grain couscous
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 ounces silken tofu (1/4 block)
- 1/4 cup Silk Unsweetened soy or almondmilk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- 1 english cucumber, diced in 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 small plum tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook couscous in a large pot of salted water for 10 minutes or until the pasta is done. Drain but do not rinse.
- spread couscous on a baking sheet to cool.
- in a mini food processor or blender combine mayonnaise, tofu, Silk, mustard, lemon juice, salt and 1 ounce of feta. Process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- in a medium bowl combine couscous, dressing, cucumber, tomatoes, green onions, mint and parsley. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice; garnish with feta and extra mint.