crispy chili tater slices
what you need
- 4 large red potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can Hormel chili
- 3/4 cup guacamole
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Place 1 potato on cutting board and nestle a chopstick on the board on both the top and bottom of potato. Thinly slice potato crosswise (making 1/8-inch slices) using the chopsticks to prevent cutting all the way through to the bottom. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle them with oil, making sure some of oil gets between the slices. Bake potatoes 1 hour or until crisp.
- While potatoes are cooking, warm chili in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Serve potatoes with chili, guacamole, sour cream, chips, tomatoes and cilantro.