coconut curry noodle bowl
what you need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, or red or green Thai curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 14 ounces (1 box) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup Silk Unsweetened Soy or Almondmilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 pound rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 block extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 small tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Asian chili oil to taste, if desired
- In heavy saucepan heat vegetable oil over moderately low heat and cook garlic and jalapeño, stirring 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add curry powder (or paste) and cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds.
- Stir in broth, coconut milk, Soy or Almondmilk, salt and ginger and bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, place noodles in large bowl, cover with warm water and let sit 5 minutes. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook 5 minutes.
- Pour noodles into colander, rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Once soup has simmered, add tofu, tomatoes and lime juice. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until soup is hot.
- Divide noodles among four bowls and ladle soup over noodles. Sprinkle each serving with chopped coriander and drizzle with chili oil, if desired.