double squash chicken curry
what you need
- 1 (20-ounce) package butternut squash chunks
- 1 (12-ounce) bag trimmed steam-in-the-bag green beans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons Archer Farms® curry powder
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the squash and 1/4 cup water. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave until the squash is tender, about 10 minutes. Microwave the green beans according to the package’s directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is just translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until it just loses its pink color, about 3 minutes. Add the curry powder and pumpkin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Stir in the squash with the cooking liquid in the and the green beans. Reduce the heat to simmer until the chicken is just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.