garden farro with lemon vinaigrette
what you need
- 2 packages Simply Balanced® Heat & Serve Farro
- About 6 mini sweet peppers, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, cut into thin strips
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil, if desired
- Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat both farro packages in microwave as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, toss peppers, spinach, green onions and basil in large bowl.
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients in small bowl.
- Stir farro into spinach mixture. Toss with vinaigrette. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until serving.
Toss with your favorite prepared vinaigrette if time is short.