gingerbread coffee cake
what you need
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups crumbled Market Pantry Gingersnap Cookies
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x9-inch cake pan, line with foil, and butter again.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk sour cream and coffee.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in thirds, alternating with coffee mixture, and scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle cookies on top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Lift out with the foil to cut into pieces. Serve warm or at room temperature.