gingerbread men cookies with Truvía Baking Blend
what you need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Truvía Baking Blend
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
- Sanding sugar, for decorating (optional)
- Candy, for decorating (optional)
- Dani Fiori's Royal Icing with Truvía Baking Blend:
- 1 cup Truvía Baking Blend
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon meringue powder
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place butter and Truvía Baking Blend in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until fluffy. Mix in spices and salt, then eggs and molasses.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Divide dough into thirds, wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour.
- Line baking sheets with nonstick baking mats; set aside.
- Roll out dough on a clean work surface to 1/4-inch thick. Using a 4 1/2-inch gingerbread man-shaped cookie cutter, cut out cookies, and place on baking sheet, at least 1 inch apart. Refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Bake cookies until crisp but not dark, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire rack.
- Using white icing in a squeeze bottle, decorate gingerbread men as desired. While still wet, sprinkle with sanding sugar; let dry 10 minutes. Shake off excess sugar. Using additional icing, attach candy with craft tweezers. Let dry completely 8 hours or overnight.
- Dani Fiori's Royal Icing with Truvía Baking Blend Directions: In a coffee or spice grinder, combine Truvía Baking Blend and 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Process on high speed until mixture resembles the consistency of confectioners’ sugar. Remove from processor; set aside. Using a hand mixer with the whisk attachment, mix together meringue powder with 2 tablespoons water until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Using the beater attachments, add Truvía mixture; continue mixing until well combined, scraping down sides of the bowl as necessary.