gingered squash & apple soup
what you need
- 1 package frozen Archer Farms® Butternut Squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Heavy whipping cream
- Archer Farms Roasted Pepitas
- Prepare squash according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in apple and onion; sauté until softened.
- Add squash, chicken broth and ginger; heat and stir well to combine.
- Pour into blender or food processor; puree until smooth. Add a dash of cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, pour into bowls. Drizzle with whipping cream and garnish with pepitas.
Top with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt instead of the whipping cream if desired.