what you need
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) package Del Monte Recipe Ready Mirepoix Soup Starter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 (14.25 ounce) package whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Heat oil in a large saucepot over medium-high heat. Add mirepoix and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Add turkey, generously season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring to break meat into tiny pieces, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in oregano and tomatoes and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer 3 cups sauce to an airtight container and refrigerate for Three-Cheese Lasagna Hoagies. Mix remaining sauce with spaghetti and serve.
The sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 1 month.