country style hash brown casserole
what you need
- 1 package Ore-Ida Country Style Hash Browns
- 1/2 cup Ore-Ida Chopped Onions
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pepper shredded jack cheese
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 11x7 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soup, sour cream and salt.
- Stir in Hash Browns, Onions, cheese and red peppers until well mixed.
- Spoon evenly into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together bread crumbs and butter.
- Sprinkle evenly on top of Hash Brown mixture.
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with sliced green onion if desired.
If desired, substitute condensed cream of chicken soup with condensed cream of turkey soup.