herb-garlic beef roast
what you need
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced 1 (15 ounce) package Hormel
- Slow Simmered Beef Roast Au Jus
- 1 pound small round red potatoes
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl combine parsley, garlic and, if desired, lemon peel. Set aside.
- In large skillet cook Hormel Slow Simmered Beef Roast au Jus, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer for 5 minutes more, or until juices are slightly reduced.
- Meanwhile, quarter potatoes. Peel and diagonally slice carrots in 3/4-inch-thick pieces. Place vegetables in microwave-safe dish.
- Drizzle with cooking oil and sprinkle with pepper; toss to coat. Tightly cover with lid or plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high heat 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir potatoes and carrots into skillet with beef and juices. Divide among serving dishes. Sprinkle with parsley mixture.
Make a Sunday roast on a Tuesday!