Betty Crocker holiday cookie ornaments
what you need
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 36 small candy canes
- 2 (1 pound) containers Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy white or vanilla frosting
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, flour and egg until soft dough forms.
- On floured surface, roll dough until about 1/8 inch thick. Cut with 3- to 3 1/2-inch cookie cutters. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 5 minutes. Meanwhile, break off top of each candy cane to create loop for hanging cookies. Remove cookies from oven; press 1 candy piece on top of each cookie to make a loop. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place 1 container of frosting at a time in 2-cup glass measuring cup. Microwave on high heat 45 to 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted. Dip each cookie in frosting, allowing excess to drip off.
- Place cookies on parchment paper. Decorate as desired. Let stand about 1 hour until frosting is set.
- Attach your favorite festive ribbon to your cookies before placing in Ziploc Holiday Collection containers and bags to share with your family and friends.
To evenly break candy canes, cut with scissors while still in wrapper, then unwrap and use.