Jack Daniel's honey smokehouse mashed potatoes
what you need
- 1 package Ore-Ida Steam n' Mash Cut Russet Potatoes
- 1 cup Ore-Ida Chopped Onions
- 4 bacon slices
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Jack Daniel's Honey Smokehouse Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- Microwave potatoes according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in onions and brown sugar, and cook for another minute, or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together hot potatoes, milk, butter and barbecue sauce, and mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- For a smoother consistency, mix with an electric mixer.
- Add bacon mixture, Monterey Jack cheese and green onions, and mix well.
- Garnish with additional sliced green onions if desired.
If desired, substitute shredded Monterey Jack cheese with shredded hot pepper cheese.