mad dash bars
what you need
- 2 cups Quaker Oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 (6 ounce) containers Chobani Plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup safflower or peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apples
- 2-3 tablespoons coarse brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with heavy-duty foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together oats, whole wheat flour and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together yogurt, oil and vanilla extract. Combine mixtures and add walnuts and dried fruit. Mix until a thick, dry batter forms.
- Transfer to baking pan and with damp fingers, pat into a thick even layer. Sprinkle with coarse brown sugar and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove pan and let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 20 bars.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet and bake another 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden. Place on a rack to cool.
- Store in individual Ziploc bags for quick grab-’n-go snacks.