minestrone in a minute
what you need
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh basil
- 1 cup Ragu Homestyle Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes in tomato juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups rotini or penne
- 1 small summer squash
- black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery and thyme then cook, stirring frequently until soft.
- Stir in tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, beans, a basil leaf and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add uncooked pasta and cook 4 minutes. Stir in squash and continue cooking until the pasta is al dente. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Serve with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.