Nilla turtle pumpkin cream pie
what you need
- 40 Nilla Wafers, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, divided
- 2 (3/4 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping, divided
- Cut 5 wafers in half and reserve for garnish.
- Finely crush remaining wafers; mix with sugar and butter until blended.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate.
- Pour 1/4 cup caramel topping into crust; sprinkle with 1/2 cup nuts.
- Beat pudding mixes and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and spices; mix well.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping; pour into crust; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Top with remaining whipped topping, reserved wafer halves, caramel topping and nuts just before serving.
Great for holiday entertaining!