no-bake peanut butter bars
what you need
- 4 cups Kellogg's Frosted Flakes cereal
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots or peaches
- 3/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup dry roasted sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In large bowl, toss together cereal, apricots, cherries and sunflower seeds.
- In small saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, peanut butter and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until boiling over entire surface. Boil for 1 minute. Drizzle over cereal mixture. Gently stir until coated.
- Firmly press into 12x8x2-inch baking dish lined with foil and coated with cooking spray. Cool completely.
- Use foil to lift cereal mixture out of dish. Cut into 2-inch squares.