what you need
- 2 (15 ounce) containers ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 (1 pound, 8 ounce) jars Ragu Old World Style pasta sauce
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Heat oven to 375°F. Combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and eggs in bowl; set aside.
- Spread 1 cup pasta sauce in 13x9-inch baking dish. Layer 4 uncooked noodles, then 1 cup sauce and 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture; repeat. Top with remaining 4 uncooked noodles and sauce.
- Bake 1 hour covered tightly with aluminum foil. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
For a twist on a classic, add 1 pound cooked ground beef or sausage to Pasta Sauce. NOTE: Recipe can be halved. Bake in an 11x7-inch baking dish 1 hour. Continue as above, omitting last 10 minutes of baking.