pan-fried salmon with creamy nutty sauce
what you need
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 medium tomatillos, husked, rinsed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons raw pepitas, plus extra for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Maggi Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 6 skin-on salmon filets (4 to 6 ounces each, 1 1/4 inches thick)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Combine almonds, evaporated milk, tomatillos, cilantro, pepitas, garlic and bouillon in a food processor; cover.
- Process for 30 seconds or until combined.
- Season salmon filets lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Place salmon filets, skin-side up (if they have skin) and cook 4 minutes; turn fish over and cook an additional 4 minutes.
- Fish should flake easily when tested with a fork and skin should be crispy when done.
- Serve salmon with 2 tablespoons of sauce drizzled over. Garnish with additional pepitas, if desired.