mini buttermilk pancakes with Nutella and strawberries
what you need
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk (or regular milk, if preferred)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries or other fresh fruit for garnish
- 1/2 cup Nutella hazelnut spread (1 tablespoon per pancake)
- Butter or olive oil spray for skillet preparation
- Beat egg yolks well, then whisk in buttermilk and melted butter.
- Sift dry ingredients over egg mixture and fold in.
- Whisk egg whites to soft peaks and fold into batter.
- Lightly grease a pan and spoon in 1/4 cup batter.
- Cook until bubbles form on uncooked side.
- Flip to other side and then cook until golden.
- Keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, simply spread layer of Nutella on top of each pancake and top with chopped strawberries and other fresh fruit if desired.
- Repeat for second layer.
Adding fresh blueberries makes a fresh and savorful breakfast.