roast on toast: feat. chicken w/red onion
what you need
- 1/2 Market Pantry® French Baguette, cut into nine 1/2-inch thick slices at an angle
- 1-1/4 pounds chicken drumsticks (1 Gold ’N Plump package)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olives oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed with a press
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, thyme, and rosemary.
- Arrange the bread on the baking sheet in a single layer. Place the chicken on top of the bread and scatter the onion around the chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then drizzle the garlic-herb oil all over.
- Roast until the chicken is just cooked through and the bread toasted, about 35 minutes.