salted caramel cookies
what you need
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (17.5 ounce) package Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Mix
- 3/4 cup crushed salted pretzels
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, egg and vanilla until creamy; stir in cookie mix and pretzels.
- Form into 36 (1 tablespoon) balls; Place on ungreased baking sheets 2” apart. Flatten balls with bottom of floured glass to 1 1/2-inch diameter.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until light brown. Cool 2 minutes and move to wire rack.
- Microwave sweetened condensed milk in a large glass bowl on high heat 3 minutes. Milk will boil and rise in bowl during cooking.
- Microwave on medium-low heat 12-16 minutes, whisking occasionally until thick and caramel colored.
- Carefully spread hot caramel mixture on top of each cookie.
- If caramel thickens, microwave on high heat 10 seconds to soften.
- Sprinkle cookies immediately with a pinch of salt.