shrimp salad lettuce wraps
what you need
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces silken tofu (1/4 block)
- 1/4 Cup Silk Unsweetened soy or almondmilk
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, cooked, deveined and chilled
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1 cup celery, finely minced
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- lemon slices, for garnish
- additional fresh dill, for garnish
- using a mini-food processor or blender, combine mayonnaise, tofu, Silk, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and dill. Blend until smooth. Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of Silk to thin dressing, if desired.
- in a large bowl gently combine chilled shrimp, dressing, onions and celery. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- arrange lettuce leaves on a large platter and fill each leaf with 1/3 cup shrimp salad mixture.
- place lemon slices alongside. Garnish with extra dill and a grind of fresh black pepper.