sizzling franks with grilled corn and black beans
what you need
- PAM Grilling cooking spray
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons Wesson pure vegetable oil, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) Hebrew National beef franks
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Spray cold grate of outdoor grill with grilling spray. Prepare grill for medium heat.
- Brush corn with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Grill corn and franks 10 minutes, or until corn is tender and franks are hot.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in bell pepper; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add beans and salsa. Cover; simmer 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Cut corn from cobs; discard cobs. Stir corn into bean Mixture. Serve with grilled franks. Top with cilantro, if desired