snowy igloo cake
what you need
- 1 box white cake mix
- Eggs, oil and water for cake mix
- 1 or 2 (16 ounce) tubs vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
- 1 (14 ounce) package coconut flakes or 1 (8 ounce) package stacker marshmallows
- 1 tube blue or white decorator frosting
- White sparkling sugar
- Blue and white sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease and flour 1.5-quart oven-safe bowl and 6 cupcake tins.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; spoon 1/4 cup batter into each cupcake tin, and spread remainder in bowl.
- Bake cupcakes about 20 minutes; bake bowl-cake a total of 40 to 50 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; run metal spatula around edge of bowl then gently remove cake.
- Cool completely upside-down.
- Place cake on serving tray.
- Cut away 1/3 of one cupcake; discard.
- Set remaining cupcake on cut edge next to cake for door.
- Cut out hole for igloo door.
- Spread overall with frosting.
- Sprinkle with coconut or press in marshmallows to form ice blocks.
- Decorate with frosting tube, sugar and sprinkles as desired.