sour cream and onion smashed potatoes
what you need
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- In a large saucepot, cover the potatoes by 2 inches cold water. Add 1/4 cup salt and bring to a boil. Partially cover, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer until very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain well and return to the pot. Smash in the sour cream and scallions with a potato masher or large fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper.