squash ribbon salad
what you need
- 1/2 teaspoon Archer Farms Ancho® Chile Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) packages mixed squash, trimmed
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted salted sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, whisk the chile powder, cumin, lime juice, oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Run a vegetable peeler lengthwise along the squash to form long, thin ribbons. Stop peeling when you reach the central core of seeds and turn the squash over to continue peeling.
- Toss with the avocado and dressing until well coated and sprinkle with the almonds.