what you need
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak
- Salt and pepper
- 4 medium firm but ripe tomatoes
- 2 onions, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Rub tomatoes and onion slices with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak, turning once, until medium-well (12 to 15 minutes). Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Grill tomatoes and onions next to steak, turning once, until charred and softened, about 5 minutes for tomatoes and 10 minutes for onions.
- Transfer tomatoes to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut into wedges and transfer to a bowl, along with Worcestershire sauce. Toss until well mixed.
- Cut steak into thin slices against the grain and transfer to a serving platter, along with onions. Spoon tomatoes with their juices all over and sprinkle cheese and parsley on top.