stir-fried shrimp and peas with fresh orange
what you need
- 1 (12 ounce) package Simply Balanced Gluten-Free Spaghetti (corn and rice pasta)
- 1 orange, divided
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen Simply Balanced Organic Peas
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen Simply Balanced Raw Key West Pink Large Shrimp, thawed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Prepare pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, grate peel from orange. Then peel and cut orange into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic and orange zest. Cook and stir 30 seconds.
- Add peas. Cook and stir 1 minute. Add shrimp. Cook and stir 2 minutes until shrimp are almost cooked.
- Add orange juice and soy sauce. Cook and stir 1 additional minute until shrimp are cooked. Stir in orange pieces. Serve on pasta.
Whether you're eating gluten-free every day or now and then, this fresh, easy GF-recipe will become a favorite.
Substitute organic broccoli for the peas if desired. Steam the broccoli before adding to the skillet to ensure it heats through.