sweet & sour meatballs
what you need
- 1 pound ground beef chuck (80% lean)
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs (Progresso)
- 1/4 cup sweet relish (Heinz)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 28 bread and butter pickle slices
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, crumbs, relish, egg, salt, and pepper. With a heaping tablespoon of the beef mixture, form into a ball and Place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining beef, spacing the meatballs 1/2 inch apart.
- Roast until browned and cooked through, about 25 minutes. When cool enough to handle, use toothpicks to skewer each meatball with a pickle slice.