tres leches baked French toast
what you need
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package Hawaiian Original Sweet Rolls, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Grease a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the 3 milks, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended.
- Arrange bread in an even layer in dish. Pour milk mixture over bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour and preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Uncover dish and bake until puffed and golden brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.