tuna slider skewers
what you need
- 2 2.6oz. pouches Starkist chunk light tuna (in water)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons roasted pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning (optional)
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 container Pillsbury French bread dough (for mini slider buns)
- Optional toppings:
- Jack cheese
- Roasted green chilis
- Sliced avocado
- Red salsa
- Purple cabbage
- Carrot shreds
- Teriyaki sauce
- Make mini slider buns by rolling dough a little more than 1 inch across, flatten slightly and bake on a greased cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes in a 350°F oven.
- While buns are cooking, mix together tuna, egg, mayonnaise, panko, roasted pepper, green onion and Old Bay seasoning in a bowl and stir until mixture holds together.
- Form into 1 1/2-inch patties and cook in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, about 90 seconds on each side.
- Once cooked, cut slider buns in half and place tuna patty on top, then garnish with your favorite toppings.
Topping tips: Amp up the flavor by topping with pepper, jack cheese and roasted green chili; sliced avocado, red salsa and cilantro; or purple cabbage, carrot shreds and a dollop of teriyaki.