veggie-ful potato salad
what you need
- 1 (24-ounce) bag Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) bag broccoli florets
- 2 large carrots, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 large sweet-tart apple, cored and chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Place the potatoes and a generous pinch of salt in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and carrots to the potatoes and simmer together until the broccoli and carrots are bright and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain well and cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Add the potato mixture, apple, and scallions and toss until well-coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.