About this item
- THE BENEFITS OF BABASSU: This unique formula fuses invigorating natural oils with a rich blend OF healthy fatty acids from pure South American BABASSU oil to strengthen hair elasticity and reduce breakage while smoothing ends, frizz, and flyaways
- NOURISH HAIR & SCALP: With nutrient-rich oils and complex amino acids from wheat, soy, and other natural ingredients, this moisturizer penetrates and replenishes your follicles and skin for a healthy scalp and soft, bouncy hair
- SCULPT & DEFINE: Our intensive blend of proteins and conditioners can be used as a sculpting gel to hydrate and condition hair while adding definition and lasting shine to curls, waves, coils, and chemically-treated styles
- SAFE FOR ALL HAIR TYPES: Our versatile Babassu & Mint Deep Conditioner with Protein promotes manageable, radiant hair for all hair types, deeply nourishing types 3A to 4C, color-treated hair, braids, weaves, and both low and high porosity level hair
- BY WOMEN FOR WOMEN: Mielle Organics aims to empower women of all hair types and styles with powerful products and gentle, organic ingredients that amplify your natural beauty and are the “root to results” that leave you looking and feeling your best
Q: Does it weigh down your hair?
A: No not at all. I have curly hair and it's moisturizing but not heavy at all.submitted byBeauty Advisor - 3 years ago
A: No, this product is actually light weight.submitted byBeauty Advisor - 3 years ago
Q: Is this a leave-in conditioner or do you have to rinse it off?
A: It is a deep conditioner. You use it usually no more than weekly, and rinse it out after 30 min or so.submitted byPetulant - 4 years ago
A: You rinse it out. I use it a couple of times a week, but only leave it in for about 15 min.submitted byJMM - 3 years ago
Q: Which ingredient is the protein?
A: Amino acids are the building blocks that protein is made up of.submitted byKermit - 6 years ago
A: I had the same question! Based on this product description, the proteins are plant-derived from wheat and soy. While I'm not a chemist, I'm familiar with wheat and soy as ingredients found in other natural hair care products, often listed as hydrolyzed wheat protein among other names. For this Mielle product, they specify "two complex amino acids from wheat, soy and other natural sources that actually mimic the function of hair amino acids helping to restore the function and moisture to damaged and dry hair." So studying the label info, I think that extensive list of single amino acids -- "Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serene, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine" -- are derived from wheat and soy, and combine into chains that would constitute the two complex amino acids. Since amino acids are literally the building blocks of DNA and, therefore, of genes, I expect these plant-based acids listed above would likely be grouped into the sequences naturally found in human hair (hence Mielle's use of "mimic"). Hope I made some sense! I've just this week been researching a slew of products I hope will address my specific hair needs as an antidote to 'new product fever,' a malady to which I'm not immune, when I mostly respond with my senses -- new packaging, great smells, exotic ingredients!☺️ Please do feel free to correct me. This is just my take on the information provided plus my own research of terms et al.submitted byJudith - 7 years ago
Q: Can low porosity fine hair type use this product biweekly as a protein treatment, while alternating with a moisture based one? Read comments that it works for the first few uses and later dries out low porosity hair when used weekly.
A: This product is formulated for all hair types and safe for color-treated hair.submitted byBeauty Advisor - 3 years ago
Q: Does this balance the protein/moisture in your hair?
A: This product infuses hair with protein and moisture.submitted byBeauty Advisor - 3 years ago
Q: does the deep conditioner come sealed because mine didn't i just brought it
A: Yes, this item does have a seal.submitted byUltra - 3 years agoBrand expert
Q: Is this good for all hair types?
A: Yessubmitted byUltra - 4 years agoBrand expert
Q: Does this product contain silicone?
A: No, it does not.submitted byUltra - 4 years agoBrand expert