About this item
- EXTRA WIDE: Expands to fit openings between 29-41.5 inches wide. Stands 30 inches tall. Please be sure measure your opening prior to purchase to ensure proper fit.
- WALL-SAFE: Includes rubber pads to protect your walls and door frames from scratches, scuffs, and holes.
- EASY TO USE AND SET UP: Pressure mount design that is quick to set up. Please note, before installation there will be a gap between the gate latch and the frame which is NOT a defect and it is NOT bent. This gap will be eliminated once installed.
- DURABLE AND CONVENIENT: The all steel design is durable and convenient with a walk-through door. Certified to both JPMA and ASTM standards.
- SAFETY: Includes multiple safety-lock features, four wall cups for added security and mounting hardware. Please note, gate frame is design to be assembled at all times. Perfect for children 6-24 months. Great for PETS TOO.
With safety, a top priority, the extra wide baby gate was designed for durability, strength, and convenience. While the gate protects your little one, the wall shields, are designed to fit over the tension rods of your gate to protect your walls from scratches and holes.
The extra wide baby gate configures to fit openings between 29”-41.5” giving you a variety of options for door and hallway set ups. To make gate installation a breeze, pressure mount the gate with the included rubberized tension knobs or use the included hardware to attach the gate to your wall.
Q: Does the door swing both ways?
A: Yes, it opens both ways.submitted byRaul - 3 years ago
A: It swings both ways! Super convenient.submitted byApril - 3 years ago
A: No it only opens one waysubmitted byThogan - 4 years ago
Q: What is the size of the gate opening?
A: what is the size of the gate opening???submitted byPatty - 3 years ago
A: The Model #1163WS has a door opening of 16 inches wide.submitted byPhil - 9 months ago
Q: can it be used at the top of stairs?
A: No, we do not recommend using a pressure mounted gate on a stairway for safety and security reasons.submitted byRegalo Support - 10 months agoBrand expert
Q: At full width, how much of a gap is there between the outer bars and the wall? Worried my puppy could slip through at the sides. (It'll be in a 39" opening.)
A: There should be no more than 2.5" gap between the bars and the wall.submitted byRegalo Support - 1 year agoBrand expert
Q: Is this easily knocked down? I have a 5 month old dalmatian that likes to use all 26 lbs of her body weight to try to open doors and drawers.
A: Hello, To prevent the gate from being pushed over we would recommend following the manufacturer’s instructions on installing the wall cups.submitted byRegalo Support - 1 year agoBrand expert
Q: What is the actual width of the Gate with the side extensions. My Doorway is 28", will this Safety Gate fit in the doorway?
A: The minimum width this gate will fit is 29".submitted byRegalo Support - 1 year agoBrand expert
Q: Does this have a "stay open" feature?
A: Hello, The gate does not have any resistance to keep the walkthrough portion in an open position.submitted byRegalo Support - 1 year agoBrand expert
Q: How wide are the spaces between the vertical bars? We would like it if our small cat could walk through between the bars while our larger dog would be kept out.
A: Hello, The bar spacing is 2 to 2 3/4" apart.submitted byRegalo Support - 1 year agoBrand expert
Q: Can this be used at the bottom of stairs? Does it need to be screwed to wall or is it just tension?
A: It can be either tension or screwed into the wall. It include both options.submitted byApril - 3 years ago
Q: What is the width of the mounting brackets
A: It varies on how wide the space is you are mounting the gate. You twist a knob on each bracket to tighten/loosen. I’ve blocked a door that was 35 inches wide and one that was 40 inches wide. However the closer you get to the max width (41.5 inches) the more wobbly the brackets aresubmitted byThogan - 4 years ago