Target Team Member Services
W-2 Tax Statements
All current & former Target team members receive a wage statement each January
Learn how to access your W-2
W-2 Tax Statements
Your W-2 tax statement is used to file your federal, state, and local income taxes. It provides yearly wage and tax information to team members, the Social Security Administration, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and state/local governments. Team members’ W-2 tax statements are sent via US mail by January 31 each year unless you opted-in to receive your W-2 electronically.
If you opted in to receive your W-2 electronically, you will receive an e-mail with instructions for how to access your W-2 once it is available in January.
- Active team members: If you are an active team member, you will access your W-2 on Paperless Employee through Workday > Pay App > Tax Forms (W-4, W-2).
- Former team members: If you are a former team member, you will access your W-2 though https://www.paperlessemployee.com/target. If it is your first time logging into Paperless Employee you will need to create an account using your team member number, date of birth, and social security number.
If you did not opt-in to receive your W-2 electronically, your W-2 will be mailed by January 31.
- For active store or supply chain team members your W-2 will be mailed to your work location and distributed by your HR team.
- For active HQ and R/G/D team members, your W-2 will be mailed to your home address listed in Workday.
- For all former team members, your W-2 will be mailed to your home address listed in Workday.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I do not know my team member number, where can I find it? Your team member number can be found at the top of your pay stub.
- How do I know if I am receiving a paper or electronic W-2? Log in to Paperless Employee > Account Settings > Manage Contact & Electronic Statement Options.
- I do not remember my Paperless Employee username or password, how do I reset it? Click “Forgot User ID or Password” on the login page and follow the instructions.
- I never got my W-2 / I lost my W-2 / My Address was wrong; how do I get a new one? Log in to Paperless Employee > Year End Tax Statements > select the W-2 you need > select delivery method (PDF, Fax, or Mail) > Review and Complete Order.
- I have questions about my W-2, who do I talk to? Please contact a tax advisor or the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at 1-800-829-1040 or www.irs.gov.
- I need more help, who do I call? Contact Target’s HR Operations Center team at 1-800-394-1885, Monday – Friday, between 8 AM and 5 PM, Central Standard Time.