About this item
- Named for its signature, velvet-like texture.
- Only the finest grains and water from the Canadian Rockies.
- Ultra-smooth, consistent taste profile.
- Mildly spicy, slightly citrus nose that also hints of honey. The smooth and light taste is rich vanilla with a touch of cinnamon on top of a grainy rye taste.
- The Black Velvet Distilling Company is located near the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.
Aged natural flavorings are added to the base whisky before the whisky starts aging in a process known as "blending at birth." This process allows the flavors to marry with the spirit and take full advantage of aging in wood. This ultimately results in a smooth texture in the finished product. The process begins by creating natural flavorings called "rye hi-wines" and "corn hi-wines." Fermented rye mash is distilled through a special process to create rye hi-wine. Corn hi-wines are also distilled from a fermented corn mash and aged in once-used bourbon barrels. These barrel-aged hi-wines are then mixed with fresh, base-whisky-distillate grain-neutral spirit and the whisky returns to an oak barrel for a maturation period of at least three years.
Contains: Does not contain any of the 8 major allergens
May Contain: Does not contain any of the 8 major allergens
Size: 750 ml
Alcohol Percentage: 40.0
Store: In a Dry location at Room temperature
Exterior Container: Glass Bottle
State of Readiness: Ready to drink
Container features: Easy pour
Alcohol content: Alcoholic
Package type: Individual item multi-serving
Item Number (DPCI): 213-07-0163
Origin: Made in the USA or Imported
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.