Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the car seat trade-in program?
Trade in your old car seats to receive a 20% off coupon toward a new car seat, base, travel system, stroller or select baby gear item with Target Circle™
- When is the car seat trade-in program taking place?
Sunday, September 13, 2020, through Saturday, September 26, 2020.
- What type of car seat qualifies for a trade in?
Target will accept and recycle all types of car seats, including: infant car seats, convertible car seats, car seat bases, harness or booster car seats, as well as car seats that are expired or damaged. Get a 20% off coupon with Target Circle™ when you trade in any one of these items.
- Where do I bring my old car seat to trade-in?
Car seats can only be traded in at a Target store. Target will have drop-off boxes for unwanted car seats located near Guest Services.
- How do I receive a coupon for trading in an old car seat?
Open the Target App on your mobile phone to scan the sheet attached to the drop-off box at your Target store. Limit one Circle coupon per guest.
- What is the coupon offer and how do I redeem it?
Get a 20% off coupon with Target Circle™ toward a new car seat, booster seat, base, travel system, stroller or select baby gear item. Coupons can be applied to both in-store and online purchases through October 3, 2020. This coupon can be combined with other item offers.
- Are all stores participating in the car seat trade-in program?
All stores, including select small-format stores, are participating in the program.
- What does Target do with the car seats that are traded in?
Materials from old car seats will be recycled by Target’s partner, Waste Management, to create new products like pallets, plastic buckets and construction materials like steel beams and carpet padding.
- Is this the first time Target has had a car seat trade-in program?
Target introduced its first car seat trade-in program in April 2016. Since then, more than 961,000 car seats—or 14.4 million pounds of car seats—have been recycled.