About the Book
In this glorious companion to "Press Here, " Tullet issues an invitation to mix it up in a dazzling adventure of whimsy and wonder. Tullet prompts plenty of giggles in addition to a profound understanding of colors, and once again displays his unique genius and vision. Full color.
Book Synopsis An interactive picture book from the New York Times bestselling Prince of Preschool Great for toddlers, preschoolers, and early readers to learn about combining colors in a fun and imaginative way. A mess-free way to learn about transforming colors and following directions:
Accept Hervé Tullet's irresistible invitation to mix it up in a dazzling adventure of whimsy and wonder. Follow the artist's simple instructions and suddenly colors appear, mix, splatter, and vanish in a world powered only by the reader's imagination. In Mix It Up!
Tullet sets readers on an extraordinary interactive journey all within the printed page.
Fans of Press Here, Let's Play!, and Say Zoop! will love this glorious and richly satisfying companion book, Mix It Up! Great for preschoolers and early readers to learn about combining colors in a fun and imaginative way.
- The perfect book for young children to develop an understanding of colors
- Ideal as a fun and interactive read aloud book for families or small groups
- Known as the Prince of Preschool, the versatile Hervé Tullet has been an art director at various ad agencies, a magazine illustrator, and for the past 15 years, a creator of children's books
- Kids will giggle as they mash, smoosh and mix up colors as they participate in the story
- Paint colors are vibrant, fun and incredibly realistic
- Books for kids ages 3-7
- Stimulating children's book that encourages imagination and creativity
'Uncompromising Expression' is a must for any hepcat.
- San Francisco Chronicle Although it is a simple idea, it is an endearing one, and in my house, an enduring one as well.--ApartmentTherapy An explosion of fun.--Babykins Magazine An incredibly fun introduction to the world of colors.--Woman's World Great fun for paint lovers in places where paints can't be used.-Publishers Weekly, starred review Hervé? Tullet is something of a magician: He turns reading books into exciting, interactive play time.--Common Sense Media, five-star review Invites children to find some paints and try mixing in real life.--The Horn Book Irresistible... a fun, interactive reading experience.--PBS Parents Lots of fun, with no messy cleanup.--The Horn Book Mr. Tullet's mischievous brilliance turns young readers into willing, laughing collaborators.-Wall Street Journal Oh. This book is brilliant!--Design Mom Rivaling an iPad for its sheer fun and interactive elements.-School Library Journal, starred review Surprisingly sophisticated invitation to mix and smoosh bright splotches of paint.--Chicago Tribune Teaches children about combining colors in a fun, interactive style.--Parents Magazine This follow-up from the creator of Press Here rivals the original's genius simplicity and playfulness, teaching the properties of color along the way.--Shelf Awareness, starred review This highly-interactive book gives children the power to transform colors.--The Durham Herald-Sun This is a book about mixing colors, but it's anything but ordinary.--Mix it Up! Tullet applies the same ingenuity and encouraging voice to his latest offering about colors that he used to such terrific effect in Press Here.--Library Media Connection Tullet of Press Here fame returns with another inventive, instinctive, and interactive book.- Booklist Tullet's paintings show paint texture so lusciously it's hard to remember that these are dry illustrations.--Kirkus Reviews, starred review Will have you breaking out the finger paints.--St. Louis Post Dispatch
About The Author
Hervé Tullet is known for his prodigious versatility, from directing ad campaigns to designing fabric for Hermès. But his real love is working with children, for whom he has published dozens of books, including Press Here
. He lives in Paris, France.