About the Book
"The complete guide to tent and RV camping in Washington and Oregon"--Cover.
Book Synopsis Pristine mountain lakes, dramatic coastlines, and unforgettable national forests: Moon Pacific Northwest Camping has a spot for you. Inside you'll find:
Whether you're a veteran camper or pitching a tent for the first time, with Moon's comprehensive coverage and strategic advice you'll be ready for your next adventure.
- A Campsite for Everyone: A variety of campgrounds and RV parks, from family-friendly car camping to secluded hike-ins, plus dog-friendly and wheelchair-accessible options
- Ratings and Essentials: Campsites are rated on a helpful scenic scale and marked with amenities like restrooms, trailhead access, picnic areas, laundry, piped water, showers, and playgrounds
- Recreation Highlights: Discover nearby hiking, swimming, fishing, water-skiing, whitewater rafting, hot springs, and options for winter sports
- Maps and Directions: Easy-to-use maps and detailed driving directions for each campground
- Trusted Advice: Expert outdoorsman Tom Stienstra is always on the move, having traveled thousands of miles across Washington and Oregon over the past 25 years
- Tips and Tools: Information on equipment, food and cooking, first aid, and insect protection, as well as background information on the climate, landscape, and history of the campsites
- In-Depth Coverage: Moon Pacific Northwest Camping covers Oregon and Washington, including: the Olympic Peninsula and the Washington Coast, Seattle and Puget Sound, the Northern and Southern Cascades, Northeastern Washington, the Columbia River Gorge and Mount Rainier, Southeastern Washington, the Oregon Coast, Portland and the Willamette Valley, Mount Hood, and Northeastern and Southeastern Oregon
Sticking to the RV? Try Moon West Coast RV Camping
. Can't get enough of the Northwest? Try Moon Washington Camping
or Moon Oregon Camping
About the Author
For more than 30 years, Tom Stienstra's
full-time job has been to capture and communicate the outdoor experience. He has hiked 25,000 miles, caught world-record fish, led dozens of expeditions, and is a certified pilot.
Tom is the nation's top-selling author of outdoors guidebooks. He is the outdoor writer for the San Francisco Chronicle
and broadcasts a weekly radio show, Tom Stienstra's Outdoors Reports
, on KCBS-San Francisco. His documentary on the Tuolumne River received an Emmy in 2017. Tom has been inducted into the California Outdoors Hall of Fame, has been named California Outdoor Writer of the Year five times, and received the President's Choice Award (Newspaper/Website) from the Outdoor Writer's Association of America three times.
You can contact Tom directly via the website www.tomstienstra.com. His guidebooks include: Moon California Camping, Moon California Hiking
(with Ann Marie Brown), Moon California Fishing, Moon California Recreational Lakes & Rivers, Moon Northern California Cabins & Cottages, Moon Northern California Camping, Moon Northern California Hiking
(with Ann Marie Brown), Moon Oregon Camping, Moon Pacific Northwest Camping, Moon Washington Camping, Moon West Coast RV Camping, California Wildlife,
and Tom Stienstra's Bay Area Recreation